Information regarding your child's return to school
Important information regarding your child's return to school
- School attendance is mandatory from September – this means that from this point the normal rules and procedures apply. Children who are complying with clinical advice are not exepected to attend – you need to contact us to discuss if this applies to your child please.
- Holidays will not be authorised during term time.
- Children do not need to wear face masks.
- No pupil or adult should enter any part of the school site if they have any symptoms of Covid19. Please see guidance attached.
- All pupils must wear full school uniform and bring a PE kit to school. A general reminder to remove nail varnish, fun tattoos and brightly coloured hair please. Long hair needs to be ‘put up’.
- Parents will not be allowed on school site.
- Children will remain in class ‘bubbles’ throughout the day. Children will not be expected to social distance from their peers within the classroom but will be expected to social distance from other ‘bubbles’. We will be teaching a broad and balanced curriculum.
- There will be four drop off and collection points around the school. As follows:
Nursery - Kingsland Road main entrance, drop off and collection by school office 8.45 - 8.50 and 3.10.
Reception – Kingsland Road nursery entrance, drop off and collection 8.45 - 8.50am and 3.15.
Years 1 and 2 – Kingsland Road main entrance, drop off and collection via central playground entrance 8.45 - 8.50am..
Years 3 & 6 – Barfield Road entrance, opposite the Coop 8.45 - 8.50am..
Years 4 & 5 – Kingsland Road nursery entrance 8.45 - 8.50am..
Please note, if you have more than one child, the oldest child can enter and exit via their designated gate, if you are confident they can social distance from others or alternatively, they can enter and exit with your youngest child. They will then be directed to make their way, to their class ‘home space’.
Please do not bring dogs to the school site.
- Everyone is expected to adhere to the government guidance regarding any social distancing outside of school hours. We are going to great lengths to keep everyone safe and anyone who flouts the rules will jeopardise this.
- Pupils will be able to bring the following items to school:
Lunchbox, water bottle, bag, hat, snack, reading book and record, prompt folders, pencil case, coat, PE kit, homework.
Please can you help…If your child is going to be in Years 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6
To reduce the risk of transmission we are asking for your help with providing your child with a wipeable pencil case with a basic kit of stationery items in it. Items should include, pencil, black pen, purple pen, 15cm ruler, rubber, sharpener, glue stick and coloured pencils.
If you are experiencing financial hardship, please let us know and we will do our best to help. Please do not worry, just get in touch!