Online learning and Online Safety
We are continually talking to the children about online safety, teaching them and reinforcing how to keep themselves safe when online. The world we live in is becoming more technologically advanced by the minute and whilst this brings many learning opportunities and benefits, it also presents us all with increased risks. It is important children grow up knowing how to navigate their way safely online. By working in partnership we can ensure that we are doing everything possible to help the children stay safe whilst benefitting from
all the learning and communication opportunities the online world offers.
It is really important to chat with your children on an ongoing basis about staying safe online. Not sure where to begin?
These conversation starter suggestions can help.
- Ask your children to tell you about the sites they like to visit and what they enjoy doing online.
- Ask them about how they stay safe online. What tips do they have for you, and where did they learn them? What is OK and not OK to share?
- Ask them if they know where to go for help, where to find the safety advice, privacy settings and how to report or block on the services they use.
- Encourage them to help someone! Perhaps they can show you how to do something better online or they might have a friend who would benefit from their help and support.
- Think about how you each use the internet. What more could you do to use the internet together? Are there activities that you could enjoy as a family?